Two members of the Nanaimo Parkinson’s Support Group (Susan Aronson and Kevin Hood) attended the World Parkinson’s Congress in Portland Oregon from September 20 to 23. We presented our summary of the conference at the October 18 Monthly Meeting. We wanted to make our presentation notes available to anyone who is interested so here are some instructions for how to get all of the bits.
Note: The presentation is based on our own understanding of and interest in the topics and should not be used as the basis for changing behaviour, diet or medications without first consulting with your family doctor or neurologist.
“WPC 2016 Portland OR, Sept 20 – 23” Presentation
WPC 2016 short videos.
Videos used in PowerPoint presentation.
- Parkinson’s Pedaling with Nan by Nan Little (USA).
- Determination by Alfredo Ruiz (Puerto Rico).
- Dance Through Life by Rafi Elder (Israel).
- PD Movement Lab by Pamela Quinn (USA).
- Like a Wall by Lauren Tietsort/PRO (USA).
Other WPC 2016 short videos.
- World of Possibility by Arlon Bennett (USA).
- When You Walk, I Can See by Eros Bresolin (UK).
- Victory by Lori Campbell (USA).
- Expanding the WORLD of the World Parkinson Congress by Marcus Cranston (USA).
- I Will Choose by Dora Leonard & Erika Snider (USA).
- I am the beat of another song by Claudia Martinez (USA).
- PD PSA: A Letter to the ER by Jennilyn Merten (USA).
WPC 2016 congress videos.
WPDF of WPC 2016 poster “What neurologists wish patients with Parkinson’s disease knew” by Rachel Schwartz. Used with permission.